This newsletter is our regular weekly UK Mutual Aid update to keep you all informed on our grassroots efforts in responding to COVID-19 in Barnet.
The newsletter is sent each Sunday and will bring you news and updates from our various volunteer teams who are providing aid to residents.
This week, the update is brought to you by our team leads.
Operators* Over the last seven days, the team has received 101 help requests from residents around Barnet.
* We broke the 1,000 help request mark this week on 4th May, just 47 days since our 1st request from 18th March.
* Over 900+ callbacks have been completed to ensure safety and satisfaction.
* Ten referrals made to our Claremont Road Food Hub and Trussel Trust this week.
Pharmacy* Sixty two prescriptions delivered this week and 25% are repeat prescriptions to residents.
* Big thanks to Landys Chemist who have kindly donated PPE to protect our volunteers.
* East Finchley pharmacy team up and running serving Oakdale and other pharmacies in the area.
* If you are in any of the following areas and would like to join the team, please enter the groups in your area and contact their group admins.
* Golders Green/Childs Hills https://chat.whatsapp.com/J6JUQVlthDrJu99nZSmr0l
* Totteridge https://chat.whatsapp.com/BAJfZQIz3ktIHrJWmFFm9s
* Hendon https://chat.whatsapp.com/D9PKyd5aeQnCZO9kvDInuO
* Chipping Barnet https://chat.whatsapp.com/K8z2Rx6EM5xAjVAILQOaMb
* East Finchley https://chat.whatsapp.com/Gtxz5dwOVKi8N5tD9NCynu
* Church End https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bfc7whXeGsGFhpc0L0qAb4
Community Organisers* 20,000 new leaflets printed.
* Looking for volunteers to help with distribution in Cricklewood, Edgware, Burnt Oak, East Barnet, Golders Green and Brent Cross.
* Please contact your group admin if you'd like to help with leafletting.
Food Hub* Claremont Road Food Bank is now up and running delivering either dry or pre-cooked food to the surrounding community Monday to Saturday with Saturday opening 12-2 for pickups.
* We are also accepting food donations to help us keep the service running.
* Please call 02031377488 or go to helpme.mutualaid.co.uk if you know anyone who needs free meals or food delivered.
* We are taking online donations for our PPE and food packaging through the Open Collective.
* Total donations of £580 received.
* Targetting £5-8k to help with Food Hub project.
* Please donate at https://opencollective.com/barnetmutualaid
Marketing* 1,500 additional volunteer badges ready for volunteers to claim.
* UK Mutual Aid appeared in a special news article in the French news outlet france24 for the Latino community in France. (Content in Spanish) https://www.france24.com/es/20200421-reino-unido-voluntarios-nhs-servicio-nacional-salud
* We are looking for residents and volunteers to share their stories with us. If you have a story to share and would like it featured on our social media accounts, please get in touch.
* If you've signed up as a volunteer and would like to receive one, contact your group admin to claim yours.
* Please follow us via Instagram/Twitter/Facebook @UKMutualAid or tag us at #UKMutualAid
Mental and physical wellbeing* This week we launched our Online wellbeing event with yoga, clap for the heroes, peace be the journey and salsa class. If you have any quality skill that you want to share with your community, please, contact Paloma.
Quick facts - Since 15th March* We have received 1,083 help requests.
* 994 are marked as DONE. The volunteer has completed the help request.
* 31 are CONNECTED, this means operators will check in on them in a few days to ensure requests are completed.
* 11 are still in progress where we are finding the right volunteer, group, or charity to respond.
* 45 are repeat requests from the same residents.
* 2 is currently waiting for an operator to connect them.
* We now have a total of 1,860 volunteers registered with UK Mutual Aid (mutualaid.co.uk).
Useful links* To ask for help, go to helpme.mutualaid.co.uk
* To check if there are volunteers nearby, go to map.mutualaid.co.uk
* To volunteer, go to join.mutualaid.co.uk
* To donate, go to https://opencollective.com/barnetmutualaid
Thanks for reading, everyone! If you have any questions, please PM me. Have a lovely Sunday evening!